Presentations & Webinars
- Practical Privacy Practices: Choose Privacy Week 2017
- Webinar on actionable steps your library can take today to improve your users’ privacy in three areas: how to configure and manage the integrated library system; how to install free HTTPS certificates on your websites using Let’s Encrypt; and how to provide anonymous web browsing using TOR and other tools. Recorded on April 13, 2017.
- Man in the Middle: E-Rate, Filtering, and Cyber-Security
- Slide deck of presentation for September 15, 2016 American Libraries Live webcast on the the E-rate expansion, history of ALA and filtering, new issues about specific filtering approaches, and practical suggestions for libraries.
- Changing Landscape of Library Privacy
- Webinar and slide deck for June 15, 2017 TechSoup webcast on the ethical and legal foundations of library confidentiality and the threats from commercial surveillance to the privacy of library users.
- Raising Privacy Awareness in Your Library: Choose Privacy Week 2016
- Webinar on developing privacy programming that will educate and engage your library users and provide an update on current privacy issues confronting libraries today. Recorded on March 24, 2016.